The Democratic Training Academy (LIDTA) is VVD International’s dedicated academy for training politically oriented, high potential and talented youth. In its first year, the academy offered one course broken down into multiple modules, across multiple weekends, wherein a carefully selected group of highly qualified individuals was trained on different personal and political skills that prepare participants for successful political careers in the 21st century.
LIDTA's curriculum offers teachings on the most modern and effective political strategies to date, as well as equipping participants with the tools to build on their leadership skills. Internationally recognised expert trainers follow students throughout the process, ensuring the highest quality supervision and development support.
The Democratic Training Academy is divided into four different events spread over 2021, depending of course on the developments around the Covid-19 virus.
We are looking for energetic, politically active, high potential youth with an interest in and experience promoting freedom, individualism, democracy and human rights in their communities. We see plurality as beneficial, therefore we strongly encourage women and members of minority groups to apply. Those who apply are committed to take part in all LIDTA events organized, both digital and physical.
• 20-35 years old
• Background in politics and connected to a member party of LI or regional organisations including the Africa Liberal Network or Arab Liberal Federation.
• From MENA (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq) or Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan) regions.
• Ability to work in English
Participants must complete the application form and send the following documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A brief motivation letter (no more than 450 words)
3. Party recommendation or LI affiliated regional networks recommendation letter.
Participants must complete this application form, and upload their documents before Close of Business on Sunday, 29th November 2020. Selected candidates will be interviewed during the first two weeks of December 2020. For further information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.